Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"You know, like nunchuk skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills..."

Blogging Skills! As this is my first blog (like ever, ever, ever) please bear with the inexperience that shall surely expose itself within its content...

"I'm blogging" I snapped at my eldest daughter right now as she tried to share with me the current events in her life. "Oh yeah, I forgot you can't do two things at once" she replied and then turned her attention to the bickering of the four daycare kids that were arguing over who was going to be Link or Snake on the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" Wii game. Now, without her interrupting my pure thoughts of genius that I am about to type onto my wife's laptop, I humbly submit my first blog.


Actually, I'm really not quite sure what a blog is, other than what I have read unprofessional blogger's post. To officiate the commencing of my first blog I will go discover what a blog actually is by checking out wikipedia.

blog:(a contraction of the term "Web log").

OK now that I know what it is that I'm doing, posting a log on the web, I am prepared to blog you. Is that the correct phrase? Hang on a moment as I go check wikipedia and make sure that I'm identifying the actions that I'm doing with the correct lingo.

I didn't find the answer, but I was enlightened by some other information. Well, we might as well do this right if we're going to do it at all. I copy and pasted blogging info from wikipedia so that we are all on the same sheet of music. You know what to expect from me the blogger.

The personal blog, an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog. Personal blogger usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life or works of art. Blogging can have a sentimental quality. Few personal blogs rise to fame and the mainstream, but some personal blogs quickly garner an extensive following


Finally my first blog:
It's been a crazy end of the year. It started last Saturday (12/20) as my wife had her purse stolen as she was purchasing gift cards for the kids in our daycare, then (actually during the time that the crime happened) my son Kyles connecting flight was cancelled causing his mother and step-father to go pick him up and get caught overnight in a snowstorm, and lastly my xbox 360 died from the terrible red ring of death. Then this past weekend my oldest sons flight to visit me was cancelled, twice!

Now for the good stuff. Despite tundra like conditions, the home fellowship that we are blessed to host, is still active. My youngest daughter (15) is serving the Lord on her first mission trip ( down in Mexico ). Chargers are in the play-offs (I thought they were goners) and I actually sold and got paid for my first professional web site.

All in all God truly is good. I am thankful for his constant presence in my life and helping me through this past year. What a crazy year!!! My oldest graduating High School and entering college, my two youngest entering high school, my oldest sister returning to a relationship with Jesus, and my beautiful wife conquering thyroid cancer. God is good!!!

Thanks for your patience and enduring to the end of this blog. I pray that as God blesses each of your lives, that you be in recognition of the blessings and pass them on, in the Lords name.
R.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment