Saturday, February 21, 2009

Neat People I Know Episode I

What you are reading is my fourth attempt to write this blog about the most important person in my life, besides God, of course. Trying to put into words of comprehension, the characteristics and essence of who, and what my wife is to me seems an almost impossible task. It would seem easier to describe the most beautiful sunset that I have ever seen.

...Meet my Luvs.

She is the most giving and caring person that I have ever known. I know, I know... that, should be the attitude of every husband towards their wife, but she truly is genuinely the most beautiful person in the world.

Letty's love of God and his gift of life is displayed in her servants heart and lifestyle. She always puts the welfare of others before her own needs. I can truly say that I have been blessed beyond comprehension by her presence in my life. When I fell in love with Letty, I fell in love with who she was, and was inspired to become a better person myself. It's true that opposites attract, she's the final show room ready product, and I'm a constant work in progress.

When it comes to disagreements that turn into arguments, she is right 93.4% of the time which means that I am wrong 93.4% of the time ( I am learning not to let disagreements go beyond disagreements...the odds are stacked against me being right). I didn't actually calculate those last percentages, but in all honesty, the numbers sound about right.

Letty is a cancer survivor. In early spring of 2008 she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. She was told that it was the best type of cancer to have, if you were going to have cancer. That was like saying, If your going to get hit by a bus, a blue bus painted with pink daisies on it is the best type of bus to hit you. Her faith in God was reflected in her attitude towards the surgery. She confidently faced the battle with the strength of the Lord. She had her thyroid and surrounding lymph nodes removed. She was tested and certified cancer free by summer. God is good!

She is my better half, and I am honored that God has shared and entrusted her love and devotion to me.


Who can find a virtuous wife?
For her worth [is] far above rubies. Proverbs 31:10






2 comments:

  1. I have to agree that Letty is amazing! She is such a servant and continues to bless me every time I am around her. Your whole family is that way and it blows us away every time we leave your house - It's like a love bomb went off at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so now we need updates on the next person...maybe Connor?

    ReplyDelete